B.Tech (Civil Engineering)
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- An ability to solve problems in mathematics and science, and to apply this knowledge towards finding solutions to civil engineering problems.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments and to analyze and interpret the results.
- An ability to plan, and design civil engineering systems, components or processes as per relevant codes of practice, user requirements and constraints.
- An ability to communicate effectively through verbal, written and graphical means in project-oriented assignments.
- An ability to function effectively and to give directions to a multidisciplinary team.
- An ability to develop attitudes, techniques and skills to succeed in competitive professional environment including higher studies in a global context.
- An ability to be aware of historical and contemporary issues and to demonstrate the understanding of social impact of engineering solutions.
- An ability to demonstrate the knowledge of professional standards and ethical responsibilities.
- An ability to develop the spirit of innovation and entrepreneurial leadership focused towards the design and implementation of sustainable civil engineering systems.
- An ability to recognize the need for lifelong learning and to engage in it.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To prepare graduates for successful careers in various domains of Civil Engineering Profession by providing a strong foundation in mathematical analysis, scientific reasoning, and sound engineering fundamentals necessary to solve practical problems.
- To expose graduates to emerging issues, and approaches to problem-solving, in order to meet the changing needs of the Society, and the Indian industry in areas related to civil engineering design, planning, and construction.
- To inculcate team-spirit, and leadership capabilities among graduates through group-based activities and projects with emphasis on planning of experiments, use of software, development of skills for interpreting results of analyses, and writing of effective technical reports.
- To familiarize graduates with professional issues in civil engineering including: professional ethics, issues related to the global economy; emerging technologies; and fostering of job related skills with emphasis on improved communication skills.
- To imbibe a spirit of inquiry among graduates in order to promote keen interest in pursuing higher studies and engineering-research.
- M.Tech in Construction Technology and Management
- M.Tech in Environmental Engineering
Program Educational Objectives
- M.Tech in Geotechnical Engineering
- M.Tech in Structural Engineering
- M.Tech in Transportation Engineering
- Construction Technology and Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Earth sciences