B.Tech (Civil Engineering)
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- An ability to solve problems in mathematics and science, and to apply this knowledge towards finding solutions to civil engineering problems.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments and to analyze and interpret the results.
- An ability to plan, and design civil engineering systems, components or processes as per relevant codes of practice, user requirements and constraints.
- An ability to communicate effectively through verbal, written and graphical means in project-oriented assignments.
- An ability to function effectively and to give directions to a multidisciplinary team.
- An ability to develop attitudes, techniques and skills to succeed in competitive professional environment including higher studies in a global context.
- An ability to be aware of historical and contemporary issues and to demonstrate the understanding of social impact of engineering solutions.
- An ability to demonstrate the knowledge of professional standards and ethical responsibilities.
- An ability to develop the spirit of innovation and entrepreneurial leadership focused towards the design and implementation of sustainable civil engineering systems.
- An ability to recognize the need for lifelong learning and to engage in it.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To prepare graduates for successful careers in various domains of Civil Engineering Profession by providing a strong foundation in mathematical analysis, scientific reasoning, and sound engineering fundamentals necessary to solve practical problems.
- To expose graduates to emerging issues, and approaches to problem-solving, in order to meet the changing needs of the Society, and the Indian industry in areas related to civil engineering design, planning, and construction.
- To inculcate team-spirit, and leadership capabilities among graduates through group-based activities and projects with emphasis on planning of experiments, use of software, development of skills for interpreting results of analyses, and writing of effective technical reports.
- To familiarize graduates with professional issues in civil engineering including: professional ethics, issues related to the global economy; emerging technologies; and fostering of job related skills with emphasis on improved communication skills.
- To imbibe a spirit of inquiry among graduates in order to promote keen interest in pursuing higher studies and engineering-research.
- M.Tech in Construction Technology and Management
- M.Tech in Environmental Engineering
Program Educational Objectives
- M.Tech in Geotechnical Engineering
- M.Tech in Structural Engineering
- M.Tech in Transportation Engineering
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
The Department of Civil Engineering, through its M. Tech Programme in Transportation Engineering, provides opportunities to attain knowledge, and attitude for
I. Developing necessary skill-sets for choosing a career as a professional, teacher, or researcher in the field of transportation engineering
II. Professional development that requires critical-thinking, problem-solving capabilities, engineering judgment, understanding of group dynamics, communication skills, and capability to handle modern tools and technology, that can assist in life-long learning
III. Self-learning, and research for advancing the knowledge-base in Transportation Engineering
IV. Professional practice consistent with the principles of sustainable development
The expected professional outcomes through the M. Tech Programme in Transportation Engineering include
I. Capability to apply in-depth engineering knowledge and use of modern technology in developing Transportation Systems and Facilities
II. Ability to formulate the framework for conducting complex field and laboratory studies using available tools in the effort to contribute to intellectual and creative advancement in Transportation Engineering
III. Ability to independently analyze complex problems in transportation engineering and generate sustainable solutions
IV. Ability to contribute to the development of scientific and technological knowledge-base of Transportation Engineering
V. Capability to excel in team-based endeavors in handling transportation-related projects
VI. Ability to demonstrate the application of necessary skill-sets in handling various projects in Transportation Engineering
VII. Capability to apply basic principles and practices in engineering, management and finance to excel in various fields of Transportation and Allied Engineering
VIII. Ability to realize the importance of life-long learning in the context of rapid technological advancement, and the need to acquire knowledge through reflective learning as part of learning from one’s mistakes
IX. Capability to demonstrate professional responsibility and ethical approach in all circumstances
X. Ability to communicate effectively through verbal, written and graphical means in preparing effective project reports
- Construction Technology and Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Earth sciences